Friday, October 18, 2013

Make Sony PMW-EX1 XDCAM compatible with Mac (FCP, iMovie) and Youtube

Facing issues with editing and uploading Sony PMW-EX1 XDCAM EX footage on Mac in FCP, iMovie? Fortunately, here is an easy workflow for this. Let's find it out here.
I'm a Production Coordinator (primarily tv commercials, clients include Audi, Samsung, Fisher-Price, Nickelodeon and more). I have some xdcam media from Sony EX1 about documentary following people in their workplace and I required converting footage from my Sony XDCAM for editing and uploading on my website? I have used MPEG Streamclip, but is there any better software?

If you are a XDCAM user, you may face the incompatibity of XDCAM and your editing programs like FCP, iMovie and uploading websites. I exactly looked up the file format in google, and took to me to a website that told me that my EX1 shoot videos in XDCAM file format, it suggest me to convert Sony XDCAM videos to best compatible format for Mac OS. Only by converting can I avoid video playback, editing and uploading problems. And under comments, I was recommend to use a decent XDCAM Video Converter on Mac platform - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac, to help me get it done.

Good News! Pavtube Release a New Site - multipelife.com with Product Migration and Name Change.

To thanks for your continued support all along our previous site and the new www.multipelife.com, we are holding a 'New Site Special' with fantastic discounts up to 40% off. You can get 20% off BDMagic, 30% off ByteCopy, 40% off DVDAid and 20% off Video Converter Ultimate on Windows/Mac platform:

https://www.facebook.com/pavtubefans/app_209569249055691

Read more: http://bestvideosolution.blogspot.com/2014/05/pavtube-new-official-website.html

The reviews from people on websites, the price, how easy it is, i mean WOW, click, convert. Now I have bought this XDCAM video to Mac Converter to convert my Sony XDCAM videos into a editing format on Mac and then upload on Youtube. It work well as it says. I'm 100% satisfied with Pavtube, and I'm no pro but I don't think any changes need to be made. I will share a step by step guide as below:

Convert Sony XDCAM EX1 MP4 videos on Mac for editing and shareing

1. Install Sony XDCAM Converter for Mac. Run it and transfer EX1 XDCAM video to hard drive, and then click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" to add the XDCAM files you need into the program.



2. Click format column and choose the output format.

You can choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this codec is optimized for FCP editing;



You can also choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov), it's for iMovie editing;

For sharing on website like YouTube, you can choose MP4 format for output.

3: Click settings button to adjust the output video’s parameters, such as bitrate, resolution, etc.(Optional)


4. You can edit the Sony XDCAM EX1 XDCAM MP4 videos in this program before converting to other formats on Mac OS. Trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect as you want.

5. Start converting Sony EX1 XDCAM MP4 video on Mac.

This best Mac Sony XDCAM Converter will convert EX1 recorded XDCAM videos on Mac at top speed, you can choose rich formats for output on Mac, and now I can easily and successfully use EX1 recorded XDCAM footages to edit in FCP, iMovie, etc on Mac or sharing on Youtube. It really do a great favor for me, if you have the same problems, you can take a try now! Good luck!

Read more:

Effortlessly import Sony PMW-500 XDCAM to Premiere Pro CS5
Convert and Transfer Sony XDCAM footage to QuickTime MOV on Mac
XDCAM EX to FCP-Transform Sony XDCAM EX MP4 to FCP 6/7 with highest quality

1 comment:

  1. you may need help from the professional video converter - Avdshare Video Converter.https://www.avdshare.com/how-to-edit-flv-in-windows-movie-maker

    ReplyDelete